Monday, July 15, 2013

My family that i miss so much,

WOW WHAT A WEEK. So all the emails that i've gotten this past week have said that you cant wait to hear about my week. So yeah a lot has happened. My emails are going to be different now since im not with Elder Boden any more and he has that little key board thing so im just going to change it up a little bit and do it like brittons emails. So i got my new companion and his name is Elder Soto. He is straight out of mexico city and he has 6 months in the mission. My new area is called Tamaulipas in the stake of Audulacia. But guess what?! ok heres the craziest part. This area has been closed for some time....And we both are brand new to this area and starting from a little bit of scratch. We showed up to the house last tuesday and just kind of sat there for a sec cause we didnt know what to do. When we found out that we were both going to this area and opening it we were scared out of our minds. So i asked Elder Larson, the assistant, how come the assistants and president walker(he was still here to make the transfers) decided to put farely new missionaries in this area that has been struggling for many years. And he told me when they were deciding which missionaries to put in Tamaulipas, they knew they had to look for 2 good missionaries. When they thought of me and Elder soto, they had a sense of peace come over them and knew we were meant to be sent here. I was confused cause im so new to the mission still and still learning. But when we arrived to the house and area, i knew i was here for a reason. I knew that the Lord had specifically called Elder Soto and I to work in this area. Tamaulipas has been open and closed many times cause it just doesnt have much success. So that right there, helped us set a goal to change this area and keep it open for a long time. This past week was the hardest week of my mission, but the most rewarding. We tried to be 100% obedient and do everything with exactness. We ended the week with 9 baptismal dates.
This work is amazing. Even though it takes every energy cell of my body, even though its 110 degrees everyday...this work is for the Savior. The only thing that keeps me going is my tesitmony i have gained for this gospel and my love for my family and Jesus Christ. We have been so blessed this past week i cant even explain. I've just been working my butt off cause i still dont have my own convert...i have a feeling we're going to get one soon.
Elder Soto is a very hard worker and a great example to me. He is very obedient which helps me a lot, but sometimes he's a little TOO obedient which gets annoying. But ill learn a lot from him. Its so weird cause we are the same age and we're just out here on missions working in random places. haha its just like chillen with a buddy from home and doing missionary work. He's a cool kid and we have a lot in common. He speaks pretty good english so he can help me out a ton with my spanish.
I'm not really sure what else to say besides this past week was crazy but we had a ton of success. I hope you're all well and i miss you all so much. The mission is hard. But its a duty. Love you family. I pray for you all every night. Peace and Blessings <3
Elder Needham

No comments:

Post a Comment