Monday, March 11, 2013

Elder Needham's first email from the MTC

FAMILY!!!!!
4 messages


Michael Needham <michael.needham@myldsmail.net>Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM
To: cneedham06@gmail.com, gneedham23@gmail.com
Hello family and everyone who's reading! Its been such a great experience so far since i've been here. There are so many great people here and its amazing to see a ton of people here that I actually know. The moment i got here me and my district got straight to work and started learning the language. When i received my call i was excited to speak spanish, but holy freak it is so hard to learn a language. the two days were the longest days of my life, but now its the fifth day and things are going a lot better. im finally starting to understand the language which makes it A TON better. Still have a lot of improvement i need to work on though. But overall, things are going great!! Our district is in the classroom about 8 hours a day just studying doctrine and the language which is kind of tough, but i love my district and we make it fun. Brother Hendrickson is my teacher and he is the coolest dude, he and Nate Stevenson(scott stevenson's little bro) went to the same mission so it was fun making that connection right away. Its a lot easier to learn when brother hendrickson is in the class with us rather than just studying by ourselves. But we're all getting better each day! My companion is Elder Doman from Portland Oregon. He's a bigger dude and he's a cool guy. He's kind of a shy guy so the first few days were tough because i couldn't get him to really talk much, plus he's been feeling sick with a cold almost the whole time we've been here. But today and yesterday has been a ton better and he's starting to feel a lot more comfortable around me which is nice for communication. He's actually a really smart guy so im fortunate. I've been able to see Elder Green(britton) EVERYWHERE! I swear that kid follows me or something cause i seriously see him like 5 times a day haha, we just laugh when we see each other and act like our normal selves around each other. we are goofy kids when we're together. I've been able to eat meals with him and talk to him about a ton of things quite a few times. He's doing great and i can tell he loves it. He heads out to baltimore in the morning i think so its crazy he's already getting out of here. he's going to be a great missionary!! My favorite time of the week is gym time because MTC basketball is one of the greatest times ever. For some reason Jesucristo must have given me super powers cause i've been balling kids up here, every game i've played in i've won haha, its so fun. But then again because of all the luck i've been having with basketball, Jescucristo wanted me to be humble so he sprained my ankle this morning. haha my ankle is swollen and i look like a gangsta when i walk around with my limp. but this has happened a gazillion times before so i'll be around, just kind of frustrating. Yesterday was a great sunday because we got to walk up to the temple for a little and take pictures and stuff which was nice to great a break from the MTC. I saw so many elders and hermanas there and took a ton of pictures! my friend Christian adams showed up at the exact time i was walking up there and it was so crazy to see him, i just yelled CHRISTY!! haha i love seeing people i know. Heres a list of people i've seen so far Elder Brad Hauk, Elder Conner Jensen, Hermana Lewis, Sister Kaytlen Davies, Kyle Davies was there visiting her, a lot of my SUU football buddies, me and Elder Doman met all the other elders going to Monterrey with us, and again i see Elder Green everywhere so i chilled with him while i was up there haha. In my district only me and elder doman are going to Monterrey, many others are going to D.C. and two hermanas are going to L.A.
Thank you for the Dear Elder letters and the birthday gifts!! Especially Pete, Mele & Matt, Julie, Joshua, Kris Harris(porter is a great missionary, i know he's doing great out there) Mom and Dad, and all the family! Overall things are going great, but it does take a lot of work! To all you future missionaries, PREPARE NOW!! its a slap in the face when you get here, but its such an amazing experience!! 
Make sure Carson writes me when he gets his call, im supposing he didnt get it this week again hahahaha..im sorry dude! but let me know!! 
Love you all and write me cause it makes the week a ton better when we get letters! Im trying to figure out how to upload pictures so ill try and do it next week!!
if theres any other questions you want me to answer just let me know, its hard to remember everything people have asked haha. 
PEACE Y'ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment